Terms & Conditions
Use of this site is provided by Deafblind UK subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1) Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2) Deafblind UK reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.
3) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4) Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Deafblind UK. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Deafblind UK). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
5) The website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Deafblind UK. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Deafblind UK does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their contents. Deafblind UK’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
6) Whilst Deafblind UK makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the website.
Your privacy is important to us at Deafblind UK. We have a responsibility to keep your personal details confidential and will only collect, process and store information about you that we have openly collected from you with your consent.
We get information from emails and from online forms.
We receive your email address and any information you include from the emails you send us. We need the email address and some information so we can reply and provide you with an appropriate service (including responding to requests for information). If we are unable to deal with your enquiry we will ask you for your permission before forwarding your e-mail to another organisation that might be able to assist you. You should be aware that if you are using standard email to communicate with us, we cannot guarantee it remains confidential whilst in transit. Please do NOT email us with sensitive information such as your credit or debit card numbers and passwords.
If you complete a form on the website, this might ask for personal details such as your name, home address, email address, and telephone, textphone, SMS and fax numbers. We only ask for the information if we need it (for example to send you information you have requested).
When an online form is submitted via the website, it is automatically converted into an email and sent directly to a member of Deafblind UK’s staff. We cannot guarantee it will be confidential whilst in transit to us.
We may also use forms to allow you to subscribe to email newsletters. Your details are held securely and newsletters distributed will not disclose your address. You can unsubscribe from the list at any time.
We may keep your information for future use, as well as sharing it with other departments within Deafblind UK who can provide you with related information. We never pass this information on to outside agencies without your permission.
If you have a problem or question about privacy, please contact the webteam at email@example.com We will respond as soon as possible.
This information refers to this website only and does not refer to any external websites that this website is linked to.