25th June 2020
10.30am – 3.30pm
Deafblind UK, Cygnet Road, Hampton, Peterborough PE7 8FD
Formerly known as the Peterborough Low Vision and Hearing Loss Day, this is a free event for anyone who is affected by sight loss, hearing loss or both.
Come along and discover tools and services to improve life with sight and hearing loss. This free exhibition will be jam packed with local organisations that have something to offer you, from apps and gadgets to groups and activities.
- Discover new products that can help you maintain your independence
- Get hands-on demonstrations of the latest mobile and desktop equipment from leading suppliers
- Talk to organisers of activities and services available in Peterborough
- Find out about the latest books, magazines and newspapers in accessible formats
- Free tea and coffee
- Free parking
Conference (New for 2020!)
Join us for our first deafblind conference and hear industry experts discuss topical issues, latest research and technological developments.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Avril Watson, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University - Stem Cell Sciences
- Chris Veitch, Vice-Chair of Tourism for All - Accessible Travel
- Peter Simcock, Senior Lecturer in Social Work at Birmingham University - Experiences of vulnerability among people ageing with deafblindness
- Emma Boswell, National Usher Co-ordinator Sense - Ushers Syndrome and the Usher Service
- Liz Duncan, National Training and Research Manager Deafblind UK - Understanding Tactile Communications