Our Ambassadors are a vital part of our team. They help us to make sure that more people understand what deafblindness is and what support is available. They passionately represent our charity in either their personal or professional lives and give their time and effort to raise awareness of sensory loss.
Join our team, become a Deafblind UK Ambassador!
We’re looking for people who have experience of living or working with sight and/or hearing loss to help fly the flag for deafblindness. Our Ambassadors are well connected, either within their local communities or professional networks. They are passionate about helping people with sight and hearing loss and share our belief that more people need to know about this condition.
This is an opportunity to make connections, shape our future, and help us to make the world a better place for people living with sight and hearing loss.
This is a voluntary role and you will receive full training about deafblindness and our charity. You will also be invited to regular virtual catch ups where you can meet our other Ambassadors and members of staff.
Being an Ambassador for Deafblind UK is both fun and rewarding. This is a flexible role, depending on your skills and experience, but it could include:
- Speaking about Deafblind UK at conferences and events
- Writing articles or blogs
- Representing Deafblind UK as a spokesperson in your local media
- Helping spread the word about our campaigns on and offline
- Taking part in activities to help us recruit more volunteers
- Supporting us with research projects
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Distributing promotional materials within your local community
- Contributing to our efforts to raise awareness of dual sensory loss
- Maintaining a positive image of Deafblind UK
Find out more
Please complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss becoming a Deafblind UK Ambassador!