Our Admin Volunteers support our service delivery team in lots of different ways. One of the key tasks is to update our membership database, Raisers Edge.
As an Admin Volunteer you will support our team with a number of the following activities:
- Inputting wellbeing call logs on to Raisers Edge
- Update Raisers Edge with helpline contacts
- Assisting, maintaining, and updating any information resources including our resource bank
- Researching local and national services and activities
- Support in the housekeeping and maintaining of accurate records on our database
- Updating spreadsheets and key data
How much commitment do I need to give?
We would like you to be able to commit to 2-4 hours per week.
Am I suitable?
- Has good IT skills
- Is self-motivated with an ability to work on your own initiative
- Would like to gain experience in administration
- Is aged 18 or over
- Is based in the UK
- Has access to the internet and a suitable device to complete Deafblind UK online volunteer training. This will take approximately 2-3 hours.
- Can commit to the role for at least three months
How will I benefit?
Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
• New administration skills
• Experience of Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM) and data inputting that can be added to a CV
• Regular support to help personal development and achieve goals
• A chance to be part of the warm and dynamic Deafblind UK family, helping to make your community a more deafblind-friendly place
What support will I get?
We ensure all volunteers who join our team are well equipped to undertake any tasks and will provide training and supervision throughout your journey with us. Any specific training will be outlined within your onboarding and induction stages and then discussed at your reviews with your named lead contact.
What will I need?
- We will ask you to provide two references
- You will need a secure internet connection, laptop or computer and a quiet place to work
- A DBS check is not required for this role
This role is purely voluntary, and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract