Are you full of energy with a flare for fundraising? Then come and join us!
We're looking for a people person who can share their passion about our cause and engage communities and businesses across Cambridgeshire.
This role is to develop community and corporate fundraising for Deafblind UK within a set geographical region. This includes recruiting, engaging, managing and developing community and corporate fundraising supporters to maximise long term, sustainable income. Supporting the Head of Trusts and Regional Fundraising, this role will also be key in the development of new fundraising initiatives and projects.
- Maximising community and business fundraising and developing long term supporters by building and maintaining long-term relationships with new and existing supporters, across the community.
- Be responsible for individual income target for the region.
- Identify, recruit and nurture key community fundraising supporters (groups, individuals, and organisations).
- Support and encourage people to put on their own events in the community, to maximise income generation within the region.
- Identify and recruit participants across key challenge events such as The London Marathon, Great North Run and other events.
- Creating long term relationships with community/corporate supporters, delivering agreed levels of customer service.
- Work with the local Deafblind UK Outreach Officer to ensure that all opportunities are engaged within the fundraising guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other Regional Fundraisers, sharing ideas and experiences to achieve KPI’s.
- Working with the Marketing team to ensure that all local marketing and social media is kept up to date.
- To promote and represent Deafblind UK in the region with media ensuring that Deafblind UK is known and supported.
- Maintaining existing corporate relationships and providing effective stewardship to maximise their value.
- Account managing charity of the year/month partnerships with local businesses.
- Proactively developing our corporate supporter base, offering a portfolio of opportunities for involvement, from one-off donations and payroll giving to volunteering opportunities and partnerships.
- Attending business networking events to identify new opportunities, develop relationships and share our key messages within the wider business community. Working with Deafblind UK’s Conference Centre team to engage with prospective conference centre customers.
- Identifying a pipeline of charity of the year opportunities and local charity partnerships.
- To provide regular updates and monthly reports for Head of Trusts and Regional Fundraising outlining income, prospect pipeline opportunities and successes/highlights.
- To keep accurate records of all fundraising contacts and activities and ensure that all necessary data and information is inputted onto the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and is in compliance with ICO legislation.
- To ensure that all pledged income from community groups, businesses, third parties and volunteers is received by the agreed date.
- To follow best practice in prompt recording and acknowledgement/thanking of donations.
- Update and maintain all records on the database (Raiser’s Edge) to agreed criteria and timescales.
£21,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
You will also get full deafblind awareness training, flexible working options, access to Perkbox staff benefits package and a pretty good team to work with!
The small print
We ask that all Deafblind UK employees are willing to communicate with Deafblind people, for which full training will be provided.
This post will require some evening and weekend working as the needs of the post requires. But don't worry, you can take your time back when it is appropriate.
You will need to be able to travel independently across our national working areas.
Great, then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or get in touch using the form below.
You can find out more information by downloading the full job description and person specification here, or by picking up the phone and talking to us: 01733 358100.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!