Last year, gifts left to Deafblind UK in wills helped us to:
- Impact over 23,000 people who are affected by deafblindness
- Match 158 deafblind people with befrienders, like Jean and Sharon
- Run 248 social groups
- Make 4,308 calls to our members to check on their wellbeing
- Help 349 people to use digital technology to keep in touch with family and friends
- Work with nearly 500 other organisations to share knowledge and advice and to tell more people about deafblindness
- Produce identification cards for our members, to let others know that they are deafblind and how best to communicate with them
- Run free courses in yoga, horticulture, music and art for people with sight and hearing
- Host the first Peterborough Low Vision and Hearing Loss Day, showcasing local organisations, products and services to support people with vision or hearing loss.
We need to make sure that we can provide equal or better support in years to come. Your legacy could help.