Are you deafblind aware?
Our fascinating deafblind awareness talks give an insight into the unique issues that affect people living with sight and hearing loss. Whether you are a health and social care professional, school, business or community group, each talk is tailored specifically to you.
As the number of people living with sight and hearing loss in the UK is rising, it is important that more and more of our wider community is aware of how to be considerate and supportive towards deafblind people.
We can help you to discover:
– What deafblindness really is
– How to communicate with deafblind people
– How to guide someone who is deafblind
– How you can help and support your own stakeholders who have sight and hearing loss
– How to make sure the information you provide is as accessible as possible
Interested in learning more about dual sensory loss? Then why not book a full or half day training session, tailored to your specific needs.
“Anika delivered a wonderful awareness session which gave the team an insight of various types of sight and hearing impairments and the resources available to support our clients who have dual sensory loss. The session was informal, interactive and fun. Our new knowledge will enable us to ensure that our clients get the right support at the right time to enjoy a good quality of life.”
– Age UK Birmingham Healthy Friends Project