Our Charity Shop Volunteers help the shop to function with the primary focus of maximising income through the display and sale of donated items.
- Customer Service – customer service plays a vital role in our shops, ensuring that our customers are supported and cared for. Donors will need to be helped and advised as to where to place their donations and sign up for gift aid
- Cash Handling – volunteers can be asked to work on the cash desk, entering sales, handling cash and advising customers, dealing with queries
- Visual Merchandising – volunteers will coordinate the stock to ensure the shop floor is appropriately stocked, items on sale are appropriately accessible and displays are eye catching to attract the customers attention
- Stock Handling – Assist with the processing of stock, categorising, sorting and pricing, cleaning donations ready for sale. Sorting all donations into re-saleable and recycling ensuring all resalable stock is of high quality ready to be displayed appropriately.
How much commitment do I need to give?
This role requires regular weekly commitment at our charity shop and we would like you to be available to attend shop meetings.
Am I suitable?
We are looking for someone who is:
- Patient and friendly
- Keen to make a difference to your local community
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Aware of trading standards laws and able to abide by them
- Aware of and can comply with all relative health and safety legislation
- Based in the UK
- Aged 18 and over
- Has access to the internet and a device to complete Deafblind UK volunteer training. This should take approximately 2-3 hours.
- Able to commit to the role for a minimum of three months
How will I benefit?
By volunteering with us, you will:
- Get opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Have the satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
- Improve your communications skills
What support will I get?
We ensure all volunteers who join our team are well equipped to undertake any tasks and will provide training and supervision throughout your journey with us. Any specific training will be outlined within your onboarding and induction stages and then discussed at your reviews with your named lead contact.
This role is purely voluntary, and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.