Working for Deafblind UK is truly fulfilling. It’s more than just a job – it’s changing people’s lives! Whatever your role with us, we make sure that you are never far away from the people who we support and that you are fully aware of the impact we have. We find this helps us to get up in the morning!
Perks of the job
We think our staff are great! So, in addition to a competitive salary, our staff benefit from the following:
- Generous annual leave allowance – which increases with length of service
- Flexible working arrangements where possible (part-time hours etc.) and parental leave available
- Discounts at major restaurants, hotels, shops and cinemas and other fabulous benefits from the Perkbox employee benefits scheme
- Comprehensive deafblind awareness training
- Care Certificate training (for all Communication Support Worker roles)
- DBS Enhanced Check fully paid for by Deafblind UK
- And most importantly a supportive network of colleagues that will be there throughout your journey with Deafblind UK!
We welcome and actively encourage applications from people who have disabilities. If you require any support at your interview, for example, communication support or an interpreter, please tell us in your application or when we invite you to interview.
Good luck, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!
By working with us, you could make a real difference to John in Merseyside, Sheila in Birmingham, Tony in Wrexham and thousands of others. It is a supportive, engaging and rewarding place to be; we work hard, play hard, learn and grow. Click below to see our current opportunities.
Volunteer with us
As a valued volunteer, you could be the only one that a deafblind person speaks to in days; you could be the difference between someone leaving the house that week or not; you could give someone the chance to do something they never thought possible – and what’s more, you don’t need any special experience or skills to do it!